About Me

My photo
Firozabad, U.P., India
A curious Homemaker... Who is Eager to learn eveything :)

07 March, 2013

NON STAMPER did STAMPING

Hiiiiii friends
                  All over exams season and our dear ICR,CC,BGC(cas),CATCHY too decided to take exam .........what a tough challenge everywhere for non stamper like me,but its good to have challenges in life and get out of our shell,I would wish every body who is scared of  stamping like me should participate to try a new challenge . I tried my best ,inspirations were best and I felt like a dwarf  infront of them that my mind was getting confused what to do,but I want to participate in various challenges.Then I realized about the block stamping(jaipur art) ,I used to do as fabric painting in my school college days .All this and that rolling in my mind two three days.
Have you seen the movie '"ARABIAN ADVENTURE"(just co incidently found on you tube ,as me and my hubby daily listen to bhajans on youtube ...I am lover of fantasy so started looking to movie .....and yess when saw movie the riding carpet scene shoot of that era was amazing )
 I do not have much stamps , but the stamp here is RAK from priya shivraj and decided to use it .
         I firstly took card sheet of 15 *15cm and made blocks of 3*3cm,then did alternate colour stamping (colour choice of catchy challenge).After that did piercing to give texture to my card.
.Does'nt it look like carpet design, intricate architecture of jharoka's, weavimg on shawl....etc etc"""""
 I do not how's my creation ,so please leave your comment's ,so I can more to learn and indeed if you find apperciable say that. Hope you all will like it .
Supplies used-white cardstck-local,Distress ink (vintage photo)-crafter corner,Blue ink (colourbox)-jovita,stamp-priya,sentiment stamp from jovita.



submiting to-ICR




18 comments:

  1. so neat stamping it is...loved the stitch effects...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it very much
    Great idea to paper pierce.makes the blocks stand out more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome stamping. Love how the paper piercing makes it look like a sheet of postage stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow ! :) thats a great idea ¬!
    Love the stitch type piercings would have even better if you would have actually run though a thread (Just a suggestion :) )
    It already looks very lovely and very apt for the movie :)
    Thanks for joining us in the movie inspired CAS card challenge at Beyond grey challenges !
    Goood luck !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors you have chosen for the design of your magical carpet. You have done a great job. Thank you for joining us at BGC

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW for a non stamper this is fabulous Megha. I am also in the same boat..ha ha I dont enjoy stamping much. I have a good collection however..none bought all won and gifted ones! You are giving me courage to try stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Megha! I don't know the movie you are talking about but one thing I can say is your stamping is absolutely gorgeous and yes! It just looks like a carpet. Thanks for joining with us at Catchy Challenges Season IV. Good Luck.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice card Megha. You have inspired me to pull out my old wood blocks now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous stamping there...

    Thank you for joining us at Beyond Grey Challenges.
    Hugs
    Jovita

    ReplyDelete
  10. What A lovely card Megha and your stamping is fabulous ...you have indeed created a magical carpet feel in your card its such a beautiful design :)

    Thank you so much for playing along Crafter's Corner #6 and Best of Luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Megha,

    I've left you an award on my blog. I'd love you to pop over and accept it....

    Hugs
    Catherine
    http://vidhucreations.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your colorful, magical carpet. TY for joining us at BGC :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a wonderful card Megha, the colours are fab and the piercing between the blocks really adds interest to the design.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Beyond Grey Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome magical carpet! I love the stamp you used. Thanks for joining us at Crafting When We Can and good luck! Hugs, Robin

    PS My sister has some blog candy if you are interested at http://www.sydneyssentiments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks a lot for playing with us at Beyond Grey Challenges :)
    Its a brilliant card
    Lovely card..
    Keep up the crafting
    Hugs
    Kalindi

    ReplyDelete
  17. i loved the way u have created the blocks.....wow...thanks for playing with us at crafters corner challenge#6..all the very best....www.crafterscorner.in
    www.crafterscornerindia..blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete